Working Together to Promote a Healthy & Safe Community
The city of Duluth passed a mask ordinance, we require them on in the store.
As the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic has shown us all, it is crucial for everyone to practice good hygiene and take precautions, not only now, but into the future. The chief concern here at Kia of Duluth is first and foremost the health and safety of our customers and staff.
We are continually monitoring the recommendations of government health agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), regarding COVID-19 and implementing precautions to provide a sanitary environment for associates and visitors to our dealership. We encourage all within the greater Duluth area to heed the recommendations of our federal, state and local government and health agencies to help slow the spread of COVID-19 within our community.
You can review the latest news and recommendations from the CDC here.
The situation surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus is fluid and there are still many unknowns. Still, our dealership team is committed to doing our part to help our fellow Minnesotans stay safe, healthy and informed. As a team and as a community, we can help slow the spread of the virus. So take care of yourself, your family and your loved ones. If you are not feeling well, we ask that you please stay home.
We Can All Do Our Part to Slow the Spread of COVID-19
To stay healthy and help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the flu and other viral infections, there are preventive measures and practices we can all do every day, including:
- Wash your hands frequently, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Utilize hand sanitizer or disinfectants when soap and water is not immediately available.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (stay at least 6 feet apart).
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Get plenty of rest, eat healthy and stay hydrated.
- Stay informed and follow the advice of the CDC.
- We are committed to keeping you and our staff safe during this time. We have put up sneeze guards, have hand sanitizer available for use, and face masks by request.
- We have also purchased a 360 Clorox machine for our service department when you bring in your vehicle or purchase one.
- We also have a hand-held thermometer machine, which we test our staff with. (Pictured Rob – Service Manager testing Steve – Sales Rep)
Helping Ensure a Safe Car Shopping & Service Environment
In response to the coronavirus outbreak, we have instituted enhanced measures to sanitize our dealership facilities so that we can continue to provide a safe automotive shopping and servicing experience. Some of the steps we're taking include:
- Continuously sanitizing and deep-cleaning all areas of the dealership.
- Sanitizing all vehicles before and after test drives.
- Disinfecting high-touch areas like door handles, countertops and restrooms
- If any staff members experience symptoms related to COVID-19, they will be asked to seek medical treatment and stay home until further notice.
- Customers are being asked to cancel any sales or service appointments if they are not feeling well.
- Staff members have been instructed to isolate themselves outside of the workplace to help ensure they stay healthy.
Our service department is now offering pick up and drop off for all of your car maintenance and repair needs. We will also provide the option to pay over the phone for your service visit.
Please contact us for more information on our vehicle pick up and return service and to let us know of your vehicle's location.
Kia of Duluth is happy to help out or fellow Minnesotans in these uncertain times with the following offers:
- We will deliver your new or used car from our floor to your door.
- Vehicle pick up and drop off available for service department customers, too.
Kia of Duluth remains as committed as ever to providing our customers with the exceptional shopping and service experience they deserve. We are continuing to monitor developments regarding the coronavirus outbreak closely and are ready to take additional steps as recommended by the CDC and other health and government agencies. Together, we can help ensure the health and well-being of our customers, staff and the greater Duluth and Northeast Minnesota community.