Comparing New Kia SUVs for Sale in Duluth, MN
Kia designs and engineers a full lineup of versatile SUVs and crossovers to meet the transportation needs of a wide variety of Northern Minnesota drivers and families. With four distinct SUV models from Kia available, every Duluth, MN, area motorist can find their ideal next vehicle within the new Kia lineup.
The Kia of Duluth team is comparing Kia sport utility vehicles so that local SUV shoppers can determine which Kia model is right for their lifestyle, preferences and budget. By the end of this comparison review, we hope you'll have a good idea of which Kia sport-ute you prefer and want to test drive when you arrive at our auto dealership serving Northern Minnesota.
First, let's introduce the four Kia SUV models. The 2022 Kia Seltos subcompact crossover SUV is the smallest and most affordable option among the bunch. Next is the popular Sportage compact SUV, which consistently ranks as a top-selling Kia automobile.
The spacious Sorento mid-size three-row SUV is a mainstay of the Kia SUV lineup and returns after a recent redesign. Lastly is Kia's largest sport-ute, the 2022 Kia Telluride; this three-row SUV comfortably seats up to eight occupants in its roomy three rows.
Take a look at our comparison review below before scheduling a test drive of your preferred new Kia SUV model here at Kia of Duluth.
Please swipe content below to the left.
|2022 Kia Seltos||2022 Kia Sportage||2022 Kia Sorento||2022 Kia Telluride|
|Engine||2.0L 4-Cylinder||2.4L 4-Cylinder||2.5L 4-Cylinder||3.8L V6|
|Horsepower||147 HP||181 HP||191 HP||291 HP|
|Fuel Economy (City / Hwy / Combined)||27 / 31 / 29 MPG**||23 / 30 / 26 MPG**||24 / 29 / 26 MPG**||20 / 26 / 23 MPG**|
|Maximum Towing Capacity||2,000 lbs||2,000 lbs||3,500 lbs||5,000 lbs|
|Cargo Volume||26.6 cu. ft.||30.7 cu. ft.||12.6 cu. ft.||21 cu. ft.|
|Maximum Cargo Capacity||62.8 cu. ft.||60.1 cu. ft.||75.5 cu. ft.||87 cu. ft.|
|Available AWD System||Dynamax™ All-Wheel Drive (AWD) w/ Lock Mode||Dynamax™ All-Wheel Drive (AWD) w/ Locking Center Differential||Torque-vectoring All-Wheel Drive (AWD) w/ Center-Locking Differential||Active On-Demand All-Wheel Drive (AWD) w/ AWD Lock and Snow Mode|
|Kia Drive Wise Features||Standard||Standard||Standard||Standard|
Kia SUV Interior Space & Features
- Seating Capacity: Kia's Sportage and Seltos models are two-row vehicles that offer roomy seating for up to five occupants. The three-row 2022 Kia Telluride boasts 8-passenger seating as standard, while the Sorento provides 7-passenger seating in its three rows. While the Sorento and Telluride are both classified as mid-size SUVs and have three-row seating, the Telluride is the optimal choice for large families that will make frequent use of third-row seating.
- Cargo Volume: Each of these Kia SUVs boasts impressive standard cargo capacity, which is measured when all seats are in the upright position. When you compare the cargo area dimensions behind each model's first row of seats, you find that these models rank in cargo capacity the same as in their size. While the Telluride and Sorento boast greater cargo capacity than the Sportage and Seltos, even the compact Seltos still holds its own against its Kia stablemates, as well as its nearest competition from other automakers.
- Cabin Flexibility: All of these Kia sport-utes feature split-folding rear seating that lets motorists quickly configure the cabin for any combination of passengers and cargo.
- Infotainment & Connectivity: With large touchscreen displays and smartphone integration via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, the lineup of Kia SUVs is primed to deliver a seamless and connected on-road experience for every driver. Even passengers can get in on the cabin connectivity with USB ports and Bluetooth wireless technology.
Kia SUV Performance & Capability
- Engine: Kia's Seltos small SUV prioritizes fuel economy and comes equipped with a 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder engine that lets you cruise efficiently; a 1.6-liter turbo-four engine is an available upgrade. The 2022 Sportage comes standard with a 2.4-liter engine, but you can upgrade to a 240-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged engine. Sorento shoppers have a choice of 2.5-liter inline-four engines: a naturally-aspirated or turbocharged version. Six cylinders power every 2022 Telluride, courtesy of Kia's 3.8-liter V6.
- Drivetrain: All of these Kia SUVs come standard with front-wheel drive (FWD) but can be equipped with power driving all four wheels. Kia's famed Dynamax™ AWD system monitors and controls torque distribution in models like the Seltos and Sportage to maximize traction in all road and weather conditions.
- Towing Capability: If you're searching for a compact SUV that can tow up to 2,000 pounds with confidence, you've found it in Kia's Sportage and Seltos models. However, if you need even more towing capability, then look no further than the Sorento and its max towing rating of 3,500 pounds, or the V6-powered Telluride, which tows up to 5,000 pounds with ease.
Kia Drive Wise
- Availability: Kia Drive Wise safety technologies and driver-assistance systems are featured as standard on each of these new Kia SUVs for sale. The following features are part of Kia's comprehensive package of advanced safety systems.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist: This exclusive Kia technology can help bring your SUV to a stop with automatic emergency braking if a potential front collision is detected.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning: This system utilizes visual and audible alerts to warn of traffic that's detected coming from either side when you’re in reverse gear.
- Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop and Go: Maintain a set following distance behind the car ahead with adaptive cruise control. The Stop and Go function can slow your vehicle to a stop before accelerating once traffic in front of you clears.
- Lane Following Assist: Highway cruising is made more stress-free with this technology that helps keep your Kia SUV centered in its intended lane.
Compare Kia SUVs at Kia of Duluth
Now that you've compared the specs and features of the 2022 Kia Telluride, Sorento, Sportage and Seltos, it's time to see how they compare in-person and with some tours and test drives! Your Duluth, MN, Kia dealer is here for you with an immense selection of these new Kia SUVs for sale in various trims and configurations. So contact our Kia specialists or visit us today for more information.
Before heading over for an in-depth test drive and tour of your Kia SUV of choice, go ahead and explore current lease offers on new Kia automobiles. You can also pre-qualify for Kia financing as you shop for your new SUV online.
*"Starting MSRP" price is manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for lowest model trim. MSRP excludes destination and handling charges, taxes, title, license, options, and dealer charges. Actual price set by dealer and may vary. See "Build and Price" section for MSRP of model shown and applicable destination and handling charges. Vehicles shown with optional equipment. Some color, package, and option selections may include, exclude, or require the purchase of additional options and packages. See "Features & Specifications" and "Options" pages for details. Kia America, Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time as to vehicle availability, destination, and handling fees, colors, materials, specifications, features, accessories, packages, and models. All exterior and interior images and specifications contained on this website are based on latest product information available at the time of posting and may vary slightly from actual product. See retailer for details.
**EPA fuel economy estimates. Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits, and your vehicle’s condition.